It can be seen from the impedance characteristic curve of magnetic beads that the frequency of transition point is lower than the inductance, and the frequency of transition point is higher than the resistance. The function of inductance is to reflect noise, while resistance absorbs noise and converts it into heat. What do inductors and magnetic beads have in common? What are their differences? Let's follow inductor manufacturers to understand!
The difference between inductor and magnetic bead
1. Sensors are energy storage components, and magnetic beads are energy conversion (consumption) devices. Filters can use inductors and beads, but by different mechanisms. Inductor filtering converts electrical energy into magnetic energy, which affects the circuit in two ways: by converting electrical energy back into electrical energy, and by radiating outward-as EMI(EMI). Moreover, the electrical energy is converted into heat energy without secondary interference to the circuit.
2. The filter performance of inductor is very good in low frequency band, but when the filter performance exceeds 50MHz, the magnetic bead uses its impedance component to convert the high-frequency noise into heat energy, and has achieved the goal of eliminating the high-frequency noise completely.
3. From the aspect of EMC(EMC), magnetic beads can convert high-frequency noise into heat energy, so they have good radiation resistance. They are commonly used anti-EMI devices and are often used to filter user interface signals. Power filter of high speed clock device on board.
4. When the inductor and capacitor form a low pass filter, the combination of these two components can produce self-excitation because both of them are energy storage components; Magnetic beads are energy dissipating devices and do not generate self-excitation when working with capacitors.
5. Generally speaking, the rated current of the inductor used for power supply is relatively high, so in the power supply circuit that requires high current, such as used for power module filtering; Magnetic beads are generally used only for chip-level power filters (however, there are already large current ratings on the market).
6. Both magnetic beads and inductors have DC resistance, while the dc resistance of magnetic beads is slightly smaller than the filtering performance, so the differential pressure of magnetic beads is small when used in power filtering.
7. When used for filtering, the operating current of the inductor is less than the rated current, otherwise the inductor may not be damaged, but the inductance value will be biased.
Common ground of inductor and magnetic bead
1. Rated current. If the current of the inductor exceeds its rated current, the inductance will decrease rapidly, but the inductor is not necessarily damaged, and the magnetic bead working current exceeds the rated current, will cause the magnetic bead damage.
2. Dc resistance. When used in the power supply line, there is a certain current on the line, if the dc resistance of the inductor or magnetic bead itself is very large, it will produce a certain voltage drop.Therefore, select devices with low DC resistance.
3. Frequency characteristic curve. The production data of induction ball and magnetic ball are attached with the device frequency characteristic curve. In order to select the right device you need to carefully refer to these curves to select the right device. When applied, pay attention to its resonant frequency.
Above is the introduction of inductors and magnetic beads, if you need more information about inductors, please contact our professional inductor suppliers.
You May Like
Specializing in the production of various types of color ring inductors, beaded inductors, vertical inductors, tripod inductors, patch inductors, bar inductors, common mode coils, high-frequency transformers and other magnetic components.
Post time: Dec-02-2021